Physiotherapy aims to enhance or restore function of multiple body systems including the musculoskeletal, neurological and cardio-respiratory systems.
Physiotherapy is a primary care, autonomous, client centered profession dedicated to improving quality of life by:
- Promoting optimal mobility, physical activity and overall health and wellness.
- Preventing disease, injury and disability
- Managing acute and chronic conditions
- Improving and maintaining optimal functional independence
- Rehabilitating injuries through therapeutic exercise programs and other interventions
- Educating and planning maintenance and support programs to prevent re-injury/ re-occurrence
Physiotherapy visits at The Proactive Athlete include a comprehensive 60-minute initial visit and 20-30 minute follow-up treatments that are one on one with your physiotherapist. Each treatment is patient specific and may include education, therapeutic exercise, soft tissue and manual therapy techniques (massage, spinal and peripheral mobilizations), physical therapy modalities and acupuncture.
To learn more about physiotherapy, please visit http://www.physiotherapy.ca/Home.